What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga Therapy gives the physical and mental tools necessary to access your deepest and most sustaining energy, to promote healing. Healing requires a slowing down, a relaxing of chronic tension and tightness in both body and mind. Deep relaxation releases life forces, the energy current that heals. When Yoga Therapy is taught, one to one, the student learns what is right for them. With Perri’s extensive training in this area, and over a decade of teaching experience, she designs and teaches a practice specifically suited to your needs. You will learn what is just right for you, whatever your age, condition, or capabilities. Yoga Therapy is a complementary system of health, not an alternative. Yoga Therapy supports and works in conjunction with your normal health and wellness systems and therefore a team approach is highly recommended.
If you have as little as 20 minutes a day to commit to your health, and a desire to create a better life, Yoga Therapy – Viniyoga is for you.
How do you begin your journey into wellness?
- Consultation:A detailed inquiry and assessment of the client’s health history, current treatments, medical conditions, physical, mental and emotional condition and the client’s health and wellness goals will be reviewed.
- Yoga Practice: Based on the initial assessment a personal practice will be designed integrating the specific needs, abilities, goals, and circumstances of the client.
- Private Lessons: The practice will be taught and reviewed in private classes to follow the consultation. Each client learns and progresses at their own pace.
- Homework: The success of yoga is dependent on regular consistent daily practice. You will be provided with a diagram and details of the practice to support you as you develop a daily home based practice.
- Follow-up: You will be encouraged to check in regularly with questions, concerns, and feedback on your program. As you change and grow, follow up sessions are necessary to revise and update your personal practice.
It should be noted that it will take at least two (2) to four (4) private sessions after the initial consultation to learn and become comfortable with your personal program. Ideally, these private sessions will be delivered over a three (3) to four (4) week period. However, how you proceed is completely self-directed.
Yoga is not a generic exercise system for the body alone. It is a universal and personal tool for overall health and wellness.
“As a family physician practicing in the Kingston community for the past 20 years I have been fortunate to have had a relationship with Perri as a yoga teacher, as a yoga therapy instructor in personal sessions I’ve had myself and as a colleague as I’ve referred my patients to her over the years.
She has a depth of knowledge and experience which is profound and she is passionate about what she does. She has helped many of my patients with diverse health issues. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her.”
–Dr Jennifer Henstock MD FCFP
|Consultation & 4 Lessons||
**HST Must be added to all Prices
Contact Us for further information or to book your Consultation today.